Questions? Email us!
It is that time and New Years is coming up soon!
So what are you doing for New Years? Well the Riviera Maya is the place to be and since we have moved here, New Years has never been an issue as there are soooo many things to do and see. There is something for everyone and we have listed some of our personal choices as to what we think people may want to do.
1. Dinner at one of the local restaurants to bring in the New Year. Very seldom can you go wrong with this choice and you over 300restaurants to choose from. Our first choice is of course Carboncitos, but there are many other restaurants to choose from. Having dinner takes you away from the regular party zone and off the beaten track a bit. Make your New years a great night to remember at a local restaurant. Reservations anywhere you go are recommended so inquire with our staff.
2. Beach parties to bring in the new year can be found at Zenzi, Cocomaya, Wah Wah Beach Club, Wicky’s and Fusion. This is a popular party choice so go early and be prepared to stay till midnight.
3. BMP Festival starts after New Years this year on January 4 so your New years will continue on for another 10 days. This DJ fest is in its 5rd year and proves over and over again that it produces a great show and great DJ talent. Admittedly we find this to be for a younger crowd but we have a lot of guests over 25 who do like to take in a few of the DJ’s that show up. If you have not made your hotel reservations yet, do it now!
4. People watching while having dinner at Carboncitos. 5th Ave is in plain view from our patio tables, so get a ring side seat and watch the people from a birds eye view without having to be in the middle of it all. If you want to get right away from it all, go up on our rooftop terrace and a private party of your own, under the stars and away from the crowds.
5. 12th and 1 Ave in the bar zone is a bigger party than Times square in New York. This is a quick walk from the hotel so easy to get to but when you have had enough of the international party scene, you can escape to the quiet area of 4th street and 5th Ave.
6. Take a walk on the beach and get away from it all! This is why you took a vacation right so start the New Year off as you intended, relaxed, happy and free of stress.
7. Get out of the tourist zone and cruise through some neighborhoods in Playa del Carmen where you can see families celebrating New Years together. Ask us first the best places and streets to wander and have a nice authentic snack on 30th Ave while you roam around.
8. Have Dinner at Carboncitos. We have drink specials planned, if you are staying with us you are stumbling distance from your bed and I have say we throw a great party. Dinner menus are being decided as we speak and we will share them soon.
9. Join the many people who live here in a celebration in from of the municipal building in the heart of Playa del Carmen. Throughout the year there are many cultural and musical events in the zocalo located on 20th ave between 8th and 10th street, and New Years Eve will prove to be one of those great nights put on by the city!
10. Bring in the new year with friends, and it really wont matter where you are. You could do three of the above suggestions throughout the evening, or just have a glass of champagne somewhere, as the most important part for you is who you share the New Year with.
We wish everyone the best for the holidays and hope you stop by to say hi on the 31st. No matter what you do or where you end up, know that you will always have a place at Hotel Cielo in the new year. Everyday feels like New Years eve when you are on vacation and staying with friends.