Questions? Email us!
November has been jammed packed with events in Playa del Carmen and our favorite event was November 18. We are still recovering from all the great food, great drinks and the socializing that is an additional bonus at Taste of Playa! We took photos, we tasted a lot of food from great Playa del Carmen Restaurants and we are looking forward to next year when Carboncitos will be back in the food saddle and cooking once again at this Playa del Carmen food festival.
We definitely have some favorites to share with our Playa del Carmen friends after the 8 hours of eating and drinking at Taste of Playa. If you are not familiar with this food festival, Taste of Playa is Playa del Carmen’s annual festival for foodies that hosts over 40 restaurants and bars in the most beautiful location, the main plaza near the Cozumel ferry pier called Parque Fundadores. The plaza has a clear view of the Caribbean, is located 2 blocks from Hotel Cielo and is the only food festival of its kind that is located on the ocean! In its fourth year, Taste of Playa is fast becoming a destination event in the Mayan Riviera with national, international and local visitors enjoying 8 hours of eating, drinking and chatting! Life could not get any better!
The highlights for us were the following:
1. Salted Caramel ice cream from Turtle Bakery in Akumal, a close second was their Chocolate Habenero ice cream! Love these flavors!
2. The sashimi tuna rolls with fresh lettuce from Aquaschiles
3. The watermelon martini’s from the Dirty Martini
4. The wine selection from Off the Vine where our friend Richardo put together a great sampling of wonderful reds and whites, ones that we had not tried yet and boy are we happy we did!
5. Babe’s restaurant new noodles and rolls, new menu items that were launched at the Taste of Playa event. We love Mexican food but we do love to have new flavors once in a while and Babe’s Restaurant has continued to provide great Thai food in Playa.
6. Che Celine, our favorite French pastry cafe in Playa, was over the top again with great pastries and other desserts that just make us smile!
Check out more photos of the 2012 Playa del Carmen food festival on the Taste of Playa website. While you are at it, plan for 2013 when Carboncitos will be particitipating again and bringing you some great Mexican inspired dishes!